Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 06

What's so great about a bowl of soup? I will tell you...I didn't make it.
I work Monday thru Friday and try to work out 5-6 days per week. That means I'm rarely home before 6 PM. A couple of years ago, my husband just sort of gradualy slid into the role of cook at our home. He has been the cook at the firehouse for years (he's a firefighter), but I struggled to let go of this at home as I really do enjoy cooking. But, the reality is that my husband and son like to eat before 7 PM and I'm usually too exhausted to put effort into making a healthy meal. So my wonderful husband has learned to master the crockpot and other cooking skills in order for them to eat before it's dark out and for me to have a hot meal to come home to.
  And although we don't technically eat dinner together many nights during the week, they are great about sitting at the table with me while I eat, telling me what they did that day and asking me about mine. So today I am thankful to have a husband who supports both my career and healthy (ok, healthier...)lifestyle goals- and can cook a mean white chicken chili!

1 comment:

  1. Really cool, and shocker...postive...blog sis. I really love it and it's nice to feel connected to you a little bit more! Mark took on role of cook in the house too, so I understand that feeling.

    ReplyDelete