Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 08

Chances are, you have one. One of those  friends who has the knack for finding just the right gift. There's no generalized gift card or bottle of wine here. Their gifts are personalized, thoughtful, and never sit on a shelf gathering dust somewhere. 

A few weeks before Christmas, I had a conversation with a friend at work about the cold weather and the havoc it was causing on my skin. She told me about a type of lotion that she recommended, but of course I could never remember the name of it when in the store. Sure enough, Christmas came along and I received a big tub of Cereve lotion wrapped prettily with a bow. No, it wasn't Bath and Body Works or a bottle of wine,and it's packaging is almost medicinal- but I use it every night cuz it's AWESOME and makes me smile and think of how lucky I am to have a friend who thought to give this to me every time I open the jar. 

Today's pic is a tribute to the battle against winter skin, and friends who take the time to pick out something "just perfect" and fulfilling the true meaning if giving gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment