Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 33

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think that is true in many ways.

While in Florida I found myself stopping and noticing simple things that on a regular basis I take for granted. Like sunshine. And green grass. And flowers. The smell of meat on an outdoor grill. 

But even though I was only gone from Friday morning till Sunday evening, and as much as I loved the warm weather...I missed my boys. 

I love traveling. I love seeing how and where other people live, eating new food, meeting new people. And as many new and different things that I experience, there are also things I am happy not to have where I live. Like Hurricane Evacuation Route signs. And really big bugs...

So tonight I am grateful to be back home on our couch that fits all three of us, with the dogs at my feet and a football game on TV. I guess one of the nicest things about traveling is coming home.


No comments:

Post a Comment