Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 58

My husband was raised in a very small town in Indiana. I was raised in Suburban

Ohio. Neither of these are areas in which fresh fish- aside from catfish- are abundant. When I first moved to this town, we didn't even have McDonalds, let alone any seafood restaurants. 

But these days, it's only a short 5-15 minute drive to find almost any type of delicacy- Italian, Thai, seafood, American, Chimes, even Moroccan. And we have not one but TWO McDonalds.

Krogers has always been here since I can remember, but a Kroger Marketplace now stands where our small grocery used to. And of all things to sell in a grocery store in Ohio- we have sushi. It's not the best I've ever had of course, but on a weeknight that you don't feel like cooking- it beats McDonalds, that's for sure.

So tonight's pic represents neighborhood cuisine progress and a simple yet tasty weeknight meal :).




No comments:

Post a Comment