Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 40

I have never been much into fairies. I was more of a Transformers and building blocks kind of girl, with a touch of Strawberry Shortcake. But if there was such a thing as a Laundry Fairy, I would wear a tutu in homage without batting an eyelash. Maybe even a tiara.

Laundry- it's the true never ending battle at my house. Just when you think you've got it licked, another pile shows up out of nowhere. I literally have a sign on my laundry room door that says, "The Laundry Room- where Mom hangs out".

There are only three people in my home- I can't imagine what it's like in houses of multiple children. They would definately have to wear their underwear more than one day, that's for sure. My kids know nothing gets me hotter than throwing clothes in the dirty laundry that were worn for only an hour or so. And my 10-year old does it ALL THE TIME. He wore sweat pants OVER his shorts today to his basketball game. He took them off when we got there and did not put them on afterward. Upon arriving home, the first thing he does is throw the pants on the floor in the dirty laundry. Not even in a basket. Seriously?

It doesn't help that my husband changes clothes more often than a woman shopping for the perfect pair of jeans. It's not his fault really, but it adds up. He comes home from work and takes his work clothes off..laundry. Then he goes to the gym to workout....laundry. Then he takes a shower and has his actual outfit that he will wear out of the house on errands and such....laundry. And of course, the obligatory "comfy pants" and old sweatshirt that he wears in the evening around the house...laundry. Throw in my work and workout outfits from the day and Sam's contributions, and blammo- the dirty laundry basket is overflowing on a daily basis. Sometimes I think it 's a competition to see how much and how high we can stuff the thing before someone gives in and hauls it down the hall to the laundry room.

I try to do a couple loads during the week so that the pile in the laundry room is below eye level by Saturday. But washing laundry and folding laundry are two seperate beasts. Therefore, the counter in our hallway is almost continuosly covered in clean, unfolded laundry. And let's fce it- most of us have a surface somewhere in our homes that wasn't originally designated to store clean laundry, but that space gets repurposed at least once a week. Maube it's the top of the dryer. Maybe it's the recliner or couch in the living room. Maybe it's the dining room table. And if you are lucky enough to actually have a space in your laundry room to store and fold clean laundry....I hate you and your ability to hide your "clean"mess. Showoffs.

So today's picture represents the happines found from being able to actually see the countertop on my hallway counter. I spent a good chunk of my day today washing and folding...crap. I gotta go. The dryer just beeped.


No comments:

Post a Comment