Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 44

Today I am grateful for a toilet. Yes, that's right. And for once it's not because I ate sugar-free Gummi Bears or drank too many margaritas.  I was overjoyed to come home from work and find that my husband had installed this white, porcelain chamberpot in the bathroom we are remodeling.

Why, you ask? Have you ever shared a bathroom with a 10-year old boy and 6'4" grown man who eats 3 tons of protein all day? Not fun. My bathroom is super-tiny, with a standing-room only shower. Which is fine for one person, as well as the occasional nocturnal visit from my husband. It is NOT built for 3 people.

My son has clogged the toilet 3 times. I have sat down to an empty toilet paper roll twice. I have almost fell into the toilet in the middle of the night multiple times because the seat was left up. There are towels everywhere, and there is definitely pee in places it shouldn't be....

I love my husband and son. But I don't love sharing a bathroom with them. And in all honesty, they are glad to be out of my bathroom too. The 10-year old mentioned he was thrilled to have his "Poop Chute" back. So today I praise the Porelain God for a very different reason than in my past.


No comments:

Post a Comment