Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 275

Lately, it's been a bit chilly on my way in to work. It's also been cloudy on my way home from work. Add to it that my office has no windows, and you have the potential for some serious Vitamin D withdrawal.

So when I walked out of work today and immediately felt the sun on my face, I stopped in my tracks. Closing my eyes and tilting my head up, I took a moment to cherish a beautiful warm day. Because according to my weather app, it's the last one for a while...

On the way home from football practice tonight, we passed a pretty awesome RV. My husband mentioned that we should sell the house and buy one of those. He was kidding, but I immediately said that I would totally be able to do that as long as we lived somewhere warm enough to be outside. He went on to mutter something about not being able to live with me in such small quarters....

So today's pic celebrates the orange circle in the sky. Or maybe it's yellow. I guess it's kind of orangey-yellow...anyway- I love it. Take your own moment and soak up a few rays before we start hiding from nature in our coats and brick buildings. Close your eyes and concentrate on the feel of the warmth on your skin, remembering all of your (hopefully) fun summer adventures. Because I have found that the sun is one of those things that you don't necessarily miss till it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment