Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 297

With the ever-growing popularity of electronic communication, getting actual mail in the mailbox is a rarity. Aside from bills and advertisements, there just isn't a whole lot that is on paper these days.

But today that was different.

I spent some time last weekend perusing Amazon for just the right car stickers that would tout my summer accomplishments. And today, those stickers came in the mail. Like a teenage girl who just received a love letter from the boy she met at summer camp, I ripped open the envelope and pulled out my purchases.

I had been surprised to find a huge assortment of both half-marathon and triathlon car stickers available on line. But as you can see, I decided upon one in pink with a picture of a girl (complete with pony tail). That way, no one will mistake my husband for the one in the car that actually completed the 13.1 miles!!

Today's picture represents the simple joy of receiving something aside from bills in the mail, and joining the club of suburbanites who display their life on the back window of their vehicle. Maybe now I won't try to get into the other person's car at work who has the exact same car as I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment