Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 292

I know I talk a lot about our Mastiff, but he is just so adorable and the best dog ever.

Our mutt, however...notice I don't talk about him much?

He's cute to look at, but full of more energy than Richard Simmons after an espresso. And more stubborn than a teenage girl trying to get out of the house with Daisy Dukes on...

I think the most infuriating part of it is that he listens to my husband. What is that about?! Why does he look at me with a smirk on his face, then pin his ears back and comply when my husband opens his mouth?! I'm convinced it's an anti-female thing. I told him today that most days I am happy that I had a son instead of a daughter. But other days, I feel really outnumbered in this house (this decree came moments after the 11-year old announced he was going to "drop a load off" and my husband ripped a huge fart off in reply).

As I got out of the shower that evening, I was met by the scene captured in the picture below. My tough, bald, 6'4" husband was laying in bed with the Mutt, who he had actually tucked in under the covers. The dog looked up at me as I entered the room and I swear I could hear him say, "Yeah that's right lady. When's the last time he covered you up with a blanket?"

I gave my husband the stink-eye, something rivaled in my home only by The Rock. "What?', he asked. "He was cold."

I sighed, climbed into bed, and pulled my own damn covers up over me. But I smiled a little in the dark, imagining my big tough husband tucking in the Mutt, making sure he doesn't get cold. He's gonna be a good Grandpa (any day now!!!).

Tonight' picture celebrates the big softies of the world, both famous and not. Chewbacca ,Shrek, Hagrid, and Wreck-it-Ralph have all helped show us that the bigger they are, the more room they usually have in their hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment