Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 188

I have two new friends. Their names are Lenny and Larry. 

I have never met Lenny or Larry, but yet they are now a part of my life every day- through their cookies.

Yes, my friends, I said cookies. But not your ordinary cookies. These are vegan, no dairy, no high fructose corn syrup, packed-with-protein, yet somehow still soft and delicious cookies.

I struggle with breakfast. I mean- why would I get up 20 minutes earlier just so I can eat oatmeal (blah)?

I tried protein shakes for a long while, mixing them up before leaving the house and drinking them on my way to work. But I would be hungry in 3 hours and that plus my coffee made getting to work without peeing my pants a daily adventure...

Enter The Complete Cookie. At 420 calories, it's no worse than the shake I used to make, with 16 grams of protein. And, I'm not hungry for at least 4 hours.

And it's a cookie! For breakfast!

It reminds me of Bill Cosby, when he talks about feeding his kids chocolate cake for breakfast one morning- "Dad is great! He feeds us chocolate cake".

So today's pic celebrates dessert for breakfast. Because really- What kind of day could be bad when it's starts with a big chocolate cookie?


No comments:

Post a Comment