Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 202

After a long weekend at the lake, my toes were in serious need of a new layer of polish. I've been wearing red for awhile now, so I turned to my pink bottles and pulled one out.

And then I smiled. Because this particular bottle was given to me by a good friend who is well known for her love of pink. But even more importantly, she is known for her willingness to give to and help others in need.

I attained my pink polish at a party she threw at her house. It was one of those jewelry or home decor parties- I honestly can't even remember which one it was. Usually, people host these parties so that they can earn free stuff. 

Not this girl. She looked at it as a chance to raise money for the cancer association. Everything at the party was pink ( cupcakes, plates, etc) and we played games throughout the night that wound up raising money for breast cancer awareness. We each got gift bags, and my nail polish was inside mine.

She works for the Children's hospital fundraising group. She takes her son to homeless shelters to serve meals. She bakes cookies for the children in the he hospital at Christmas time. She has organized dinner parties to raise money and support for cancer. And more...

So tonight's pic represents supporting something that you believe in, and doing what you can to help others. She is someone I strive to be more like, and am proud to call her my friend. Pink power!

No comments:

Post a Comment