Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 182

I remember when I first started talking to boys on the phone. I would drag the one phone we had in the entire house into the basement bedroom and close the door, being sure not to dislodge the cord from the wall. 

Them I would dial  the phone number using the circular, rotary dial and talk on the receiver that was connected to the base by yet another cord...

Tonight I heard the 11-year old talking to someone as I walked by his room. I poked my head through his bedroom door, but it was just him in there, sitting on his bed.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

I got the "oh-my-gosh-mom-you-are-so-embarrassing" look. He actually tried to shoo me away with his hands...

It was then that I realized he had my IPad on his bed. Turns out he was "talking" to a girl on FaceTime. 

My how times have changed.

I did the universal sign for "geez-sorry- I-didn't-know!" and backed out of the room.  I checked my emotions to see how I felt about him talking to a girl, but only discovered it made me smile. 

"And so it begins.." I thought to myself.

Tonight's pic represents how some things change....and some things don't :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment