Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 198

Whew boy, I am whooped. And I didn't even work out today! We are getting ready to leave for the lake tomorrow morning, and like most vacations, there are a ton of errands to do before you get to actually relax.

Took the 11-year old to camp. Cleaned three bathrooms. Got my oil changed. Went to the library, Sam's Club, Wal-mart, The Vitamin Store, pet store, and grocery.

Watered my parents garden. Harvested my garden. Cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, mopped, and washed/put away about 8 loads of laundry- including the sheets to all the beds which I stripped and changed.

I still have to finish packing, but that can wait till tomorrow. I'm ready for bed! But I will rest well, knowing the person who is housesitting for us will have a clean toilet and food in the pantry.

Plus, I got to cross all sorts of things off lists today, which makes me feel accomplished and...well, happy. I think that's the way a lot of us feel after a full day of doing chores and errands though, isn't it? I mean, who actually enjoys scrubbing the bathtub? But there's something satisfying about finishing a job that you didn't really want to do. I feel that way about some of my workouts too- I start out dreading it and whining in my head about how I could be doing something more entertaining. But by the end I am glad I stuck it out and finished.

So today's pic was taken during my oil change, and represents crossing somethng off your list that you weren't looking forward to doing. Feeling a little defeated? Pick something small that you have been putting off for awhile- like dusting the blinds or cleaing out a closet. Then hammer through it- you'll be surprised at how good you will feeel. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment