Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 209

So I'm literally sitting at the computer, trying to think of what I'm going to write about tonight. I didn't have a horrible day, but nothing jumped out and grabbed me either.

Plus, to be honest, I was upset with myself in how I played at my volleyball game tonight, and in a funk about it. I really worked hard all summer on improving my setting, and had made a lot of improvement. Then tonight, when it really mattered (we had a good shot at first place), I just couldn't get my act together. At all.

Believe it or not, I am not a great loser. Especially if I feel that I had something to do with the loss. If somebody else screws up, I am usually fine with that. But I hate feeling like I let my team down.

I know. Boo hoo.

I texted a friend of mine that plays on my Friday night team about something random. I also told her how I had not played well tonight (I think my actual words were something like "I blew hairy balls at volleyball tonight". Or I could be paraphrasing. Either way you get my drift).

Now, most friends would respond in a typical "I'm sure it wasn't that bad" or "don't be so hard on yourself" way. Not this friend. Her response?

"Aww. Picture me humping your leg right now."

There was a pause in the texting...

Then she added, " Don't be upset, luv! Playing two sets is hard!"

She must have decided to revert back to the "typical" response when I didn't answer right away. And I will add that there is a bit of an inside joke there (our volleyball team is called "Bump and Grind"... ).But I didn't answer right away becuase I was laughing at her ridiculous first statement. It was just what I needed.

Today's pic represents the importance of having friends that can make you laugh. I am fortunate to have several friends who literally can make my face hurt from laughing after an evening with them. Laughter sometimes truly is the best medicine. And I am thankful to have friends who know when to coddle me...and when to say something ridiulous to shake me from a mood. Thanks, friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment