Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 200

For once, early morning is my favorite time of day when I'm at the lake. I love to get up before anyone else and start the coffee pot, blinking the sleep from my eyes. Then, I take my steaming mug out to the back porch and let Mother Nature start her show for the day.

Wrapped in one of the handmade quilts my stepdad's mom made, sitting and looking at this view just never gets old. With nothing but the birds and an occasional fishing boat making noise, it's the perfect way to calmly start a day that will be filled with noise and people. 

And filled it was, with fishing, boating, swimming, four-wheeling, and tubing. I'm ending the day just as I started- on the back porch, except it's not coffee in my hand now...

Today's pic represents the peacefulness of a quiet moment alone stolen and shared only with Mother Nature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment