Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 207

Training for my goal race continues. This week, I am in the "rest and test" phase. The focus is on testing your performance at race distance and pace. This gives you an idea of how you are coming along, and is actually a lot less work/time, since I'm not doing long endurance workouts.

It's also motivating. Day after day, I slog through seemingly never-ending drills and do longer rounds of swimming, biking, and running than I will have to do in my triathalon. But this week- I get to see all that hard work pay off.

I took 30 seconds off my best swim today at race distance. And then I kept a 9 min 44 sec pace for 5K. That's my fastest yet- I won't ever be in the Olympics, but my goal has simply been to get under a 10 min pace.  Yes, I ran on the nice flat bike path- but I did it in the middle of the hot day, so that has to count for something right?! 

If the weather permits, tomorrow I will test my bike, which is always my weak spot. And although I am realistic about my abilities, I am still hoping for a time that shows some improvement. 

Only three weeks left to go. And as I look forward in my training plan to what I have ahead of me (next week starts the "peak"session)--I am going to enjoy these last two days of "rest week"....

Today's pic represents the pride of reaching a hard-earned goal. Cross your fingers for me as I get on my bike tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment