Wednesday, December 24, 2014

359

Almost every family has holiday traditions. Ours includes a lot of classic holiday movies. Not White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life though. Our family leans towards Home Alone and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. We do tone it down on Christmas Eve though with The Polar Express. When our older two were little, The Polar Express was a book that we read the night before Christmas, but times, they do change....

The stockings are stuffed, and for once I am not wrapping presents until midnight. I have my feet up on the couch, a beer in my hand, and a grandbaby in my arms. 

There is also the definite aroma of banana bread in the air. Because if there is one thing my family likes that I make, it's my family recipe for the moist quick bread. And I have to agree that it's pretty awesome. I baked 4 loaves tonight, enough to gorge on at breakfast and snack on throughout the day until the ham is done. 

Tonight's picture represents family traditions, and the magic of Christmas Eve. May yours be filled with the sound of sleigh bells, and the aroma of Christmas in the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment