Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 344

My husband leaves his socks on the floor.

He also puts my expensive bras in the dryer, and leaves his crap laying around the house everywhere you look.

But.....I have to admit. There are days I am so grateful to have him. I came home today to find that he had taken it upon himself to go to the post office and mail the boxes of Christmas gifts I had on the table. He also took the 11-year old to get his haircut, effectively allowing me to cross off two items from my long To Do list this week. There was also homemade beef-n-barley soup with crusty bread ready for me when I finally got home, with ice cream for dessert.

I know what your'e thinking....and yes. He is totally getting lucky tonight. But the truth is I am the lucky one. Not everyone has a partner who helps out around the house and with the kids. I would have been happy with take-out pizza or Chinese, but instead have a belly full of homemade love.

Tonight's picture says thank you to all of the true partners out there. Because all of us go under appreciated at times, although not intentionally. So if you will excuse me, I am going to go appreciate my partner...

No comments:

Post a Comment