Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 362

This is my luggage. It is full of things, both new and old. New sandals my family bought me for Christmas. An old but faithful curling iron. My Proactive face soap. Clean underwear.

My luggage is now safely at home, after a wild and crazy trip across the country without me. 

And although I am ecstatic that it was eventually found and returned to me, I learned a valuable lesson this week:

Pack an extra pair of underwear in your carry-on.

Ok, I learned two valuable lessons. The second is that "things" are replaceable. Every time I started to get upset about the thought of losing shoes or makeup, I picked up my grandson and marveled at the wonder of life, and the gift of family. When I would wake up mad that I didn't have my new Estée Lauder eye makeup, I went to the bathroom where my step-daughter in law had graciously placed her own so that I could use it.

Tonight's picture represents a reminder as to what the really important things in life are. I think I appreciated this trip even more due to the circumstances. I could have bought more sandals, soap, and underwear. I am grateful for that fact alone, as that is not everyone's situation. And I am grateful for the week in my tennis shoes, sweats, no makeup, and lone bra where I got to concentrate on family. And on the even brighter side, now I won't have the dreaded post-strip pile of dirty laundry to do on the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment