Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 363

If there was one thing I missed while I was gone for a week....it was my To Do list.

Sad, but true. I actually looked forward to getting out of bed this morning and rewriting my list over a cup of coffee. I usually do this on Saturday mornings, reviewing last weeks list and adding to it, reprioritizing, etc. It grounds me for the weekend, and helps me stay focused on what really needs to be done and what can wait. 

I don't stick to the list to a fault though. If my family wants to go do something, or a girlfriend calls and asks if I wanna go to lunch- the list goes on standby. I have learned that there will always be laundry (OMG ALWAYS!), but time spent with family and friends is more precious than anything. Even clean underwear.

I got three rounds of housecleaning in, a workout, the library, and the bills are paid. "Off list" activities included catching up with my parents at their house, as well as watching Green Bay play football with my men on the couch. Because one day- my parents won't live two streets over from me, and my 11-year old will be watching the game on his own TV.

Today's picture represents the love for lists that only a fellow list-lover can understand, but also the importance of knowing when to go "off list". Don't let things that you feel "have" to be done interfere with your ability to make memories, laugh with someone you love, or share an adventure. The dishes will be there when you get back. You can hang that picture on the wall tomorrow. There will always be something "To Do". So go live a little, love a lot, and wear your underwear two days in a row if you have to :).



No comments:

Post a Comment