Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 345

When I came home from work tonight, my husband was excited to show me information on a town in Michigan that he was interested in possibly moving to once he retires. I just stared at him.

Michigan? You wanna talk to me about moving to Michigan in December?

A conversation ensued that volleyed back and forth between him telling me about all of the wonderful things there are to do there, and me telling him I didn't care because it is too cold and I'm not going.

Once October first hits, I am chronically cold until about June. I hate it. I do run a heart rate of about 55, and my blood pressure is under 100, so that doesn't help. My hands and feet are the first to freeze up, and it moves centrally from there. My skin is perpetually dry in the winter because I take super-long hot showers just to get warm every day. I also tend to use the hair dryer to do more than dry my hair- it makes a nifty personal heater when placed under your shirt for a few moments...

Lately, I've been placing a heating pad on low in the bed while I take my shower. We tried a heated mattress pad, but it wound up making my husband too hot, even though it was only really heating my side. This way my bed is already warm and snuggly but in a smaller area when I slip between my flannel sheets. In my fleece pajamas. And fluffy socks.

I wasn't kidding when I said I am cold.

Tonight's picture represents desperate measures for desperate times. I have seriously thought about making fleece pajamas that plug into the wall and warm up like an electric blanket. I would never wear regular clothes again!


No comments:

Post a Comment