Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 341

In all of my 39 years, I have always woken up on Christmas morning in my own home. I have worked plenty of holidays throughout my life, and traveled by car for a 
little bit to see family, but I have never actually traveled afar for the Season of Giving.

This year, Gigi and Papaw have decided to leave home and spend the week of Christmas halfway across the country with the next generation of Littles. 

This time of year is usually filled for me with decorating, baking, and preparing for our annual Holiday party. So without the need to do that, I have been feeling a little...lost.

I keep feeling like I am forgetting to do something. But no, all is well- just different. I still  have lists and spreadsheets. But they involve things like packing and loading maps on how to get from the airport to our kids' home.

Tonight's picture represents celebrating Christmas away from home. I've packed up stockings and presents, and am ready to trust our postal service with what will be opened on that magical morning. And to all out friends and family- don't worry. The annual Christmas with The Littles party and all it's fun and craziness will resume next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment