Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 102

On this beautiful Saturday evening, I found myself out and about on my own at dinnertime. I've been well under my calorie count this week, so I decided to treat myself to dinner out. Since I was by myself and wanting to get home, I limited my choices to fast food or take-out.

Decisions, decisions. I was surrounded by choices, from burgers to burritos and everything in between. But I immediately knew where I wanted to go.

PIADA. A restaurant much like Chipotle or even Subway, you get to order a base meal and walk down the counter, adding whatever you'd like to make it your own. But this is no Subway, that's for sure! PIADA is an Italian eatery, and the word "piada" represents the Italian version of a wrap. There are three main ways to eat at this place- salad, pasta, or piada. But what you put in any of those three is up to you.

I have been there three times now, and have yet to be anything but truly satisfied. The ingredients are marvelous, and the customer service is great. I ordered a Tuscan Chicken salad: Beautiful greens with lighty fried chicken pieces, chopped cucumber and tomatoes, pancetta, fried onions, and a spicy dressing to top it off. Add a piece of garlic-cheese bread on the side and I'm in palatial heaven for less than $7. This meal was way more worth the calories than any "#2" meal could ever hope to be.

Today's pic celebrates that fast food doesn't have to be hamburgers and french fries. Good food doesn't have to be anything more than simple food served by nice people. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment