Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day117

Although my family tries to avoid fast food as much as possible, there are times it is just too convenient or necessary. But if you ask my son where he wants to go for lunch, he will probably say Subway or Tropical Smoothie instead of McDonalds, so I consider that a win.

A few months ago we realized that the 10-year old had never been to Taco Bell. Not that we have anything against the place- it's just not a place we think about when deciding on where to eat. In all honesty, even I probably haven't been there since before he was born. 

So today, we made history. Well, history within our family at least. My son and I went to Taco Bell for lunch. 

We were both a little overwhelmed with the menu at first. Most people probably have favorites that they usually choose, but most of the choices were foreign to us. Eventually I decided on a chicken salad and the 10-year old asked for 2 soft tacos.

All in all it wasn't bad at all. My salad tasted good and those soft tacos got wolfed down lickety split. I let him go back and get some Cinna twists just because- well, why the hell not, right?

Today's picture represents the small bit of happiness found in a mother/son lunch at a fast food joint, and trying something new. I'm sure we will be back to Taco Bell now before 2024....


No comments:

Post a Comment