Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 97

Babies, babies everywhere!

I know I just posted an ultrasound pic the other day, but this one is even more near and dear to me and was the highlight of my day. While fighting the Angel of Death at work today, I got a pic of new life on my phone.

The first look at my grandbaby- or "Baby G" as I have been calling her/him in my head. Not even 8 weeks old and already you can see the shape of a human. It's amazing!

I remember the first time I had an ultrasound. When you are only a few weeks along, pregnancy still seems a little surreal. I remember asking my OB if he was sure I was pregnant, because I just didn't feel all that different yet. But the first time I heard that heartbeat, it all suddenly got VERY real. There was something alive inside of me. Holy shit.

I also know that not everyone gets the opportunity to have that moment, and it deeply saddens me. I wish it wasn't so, and hope that anyone who reads my blog and has suffered infertility or loss knows that I mean no harm or pain. 

Instead, my goal today is to spread joy and thankfulness that Baby G is almost 8 weeks old and healthy. 32 weeks and counting!



No comments:

Post a Comment