Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 104

In anticipation of an impending trip this weekend, I decided to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure. I am working an evening shift today, so I had the perfect opportunity to go this morning.

It was so nice. I haven't allowed myself to get my nails done since last winter, and my toes haven't seen a professional since last summer. I was literally the only customer at first, and I reveled in the silence while Nina the Happy Nail Tech rubbed and scrubbed my feet and legs into submission. 

And let's not forget the massage chair! I chose to go to the spa right after lifting weights at the gym, so it felt particularly good. I remember taking my then 17-year old step-daughter for her first pedicure before we went to Hawaii. Sitting in massage chairs next to each other, I leaned over and showed her how to work the remote. We then fell silently into our own thoughts until suddenly I heard her say, "Oh!". 

Opening my eyes, I assumed the nail tech had nipped her with the clippers. Nope. She had been surprised by the magic ball that shows up every once in a while between your legs in the massage chair...I giggled at her wide eyes and faint blush, then showed her how to disperse the magic ball.

After my toes were done today and Nina was working on my hands, I asked her- "What is it about pretty hands and toes that instantly make a woman feel better?". She smiled knowingly and said, "it gives you confidence. Much like getting a new, beautiful haircut". 

She's right. Between work and the crazy cold weather coming, my toes will be covered up the next couple of days. But I will know that the sexy red nails are underneath, and somehow that will put a spring in my step.

So today's picture celebrates pretty fingers and toes, a woman's moment of vain, and of course, the magic ball...


No comments:

Post a Comment