Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 91

It is not unusual for me to come home from work and find a piece or part of my home has been uprooted. We bought our  house knowing we would change just about everything, and have slowly but surely been doing just that.

My husband's specialty is demolition. He just loves to rip stuff up and out. I can't tell you how many times I have come home over the last 15 years and been suprised to find  a toilet, sink, or part of a wall now sitting in my garage with corresponding holes in the floor or wall of one or more rooms in the house.

Today's suprise was that my front sidewalk was torn up. We had talked about redoing it and, well, it was nice outside so...

As I walked by the demolition area on my way into the house, I was hit by the contrast between the torn up concrete and my bulbs that are trying to sprout and bloom. I just planted them last fall, so they are tender yet and I can tell that he took care not to bother them.

Life and death- new, baby flowers and long lasting concrete that has been torn apart and will be discarded. How closely these two can live together. I have been caring for dying patients before when the music plays overhead at the hospital to signify a baby being born. Life and death are not as far apArt from each other as we may think. Especially for toilets and sinks if you live with my husband.

Today's pic celebrates the circle of life. Moving that old concrete will allow for something new and beautiful to be planted and enjoyed by others. And the spring bulbs offer hope and wonder at new life. Happy April!


No comments:

Post a Comment