Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 93

Today is my mother's birthday. I won't say which birthday, exactly , because that karma would eventually circle back to me. But no matter the year, a celebration was in order. What kind of celebration?

Why, a Happy Birthday Happy Hour of course.

In all honesty, I don't think she planned for it to turn into a mix of beer and cake. She invited some of her old work friends over to her house for drinks, but of course didn't mention that it was her birthday. Then,  I showed up with cake. My parents have a full-blown, beautiful bar that they built themselves last fall, and it's perfect to sit and talk while drinking a couple of beers. We had wings, chips and salsa, veggies, craft beer, and chocolate cake with buttercream icing. Best. Happy Hour. Ever, right?

Happy Birthday Mom. I love that I can drive two streets over from my house and have a beer with you. Not everyone has that luxury- in proximity or relationship status. You don't look or act your age- two attributes that I sure hope are genetic!


No comments:

Post a Comment