Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 114

Tonight I went perusing through old photographs in order to pick one for "Throwback Thursday", a popular event on social media in which people post pictures from long ago. Some are hilarious- I mean, you should see my 6th grade school pic...no. Acutally, you shouldn't.

Some are sentimental- pics of college friends with arms around each other, beers in hand. Others are portraits of loved ones no longer with us, a small tribute and moment to stop and remember someone who had meaning in their life.

But as I scrolled through photographs of trips to Wahington D.C., work gatherings with friends, and the endless snapshots of my children, I found this one. And it made me smile.

Because although that kid in the picture is mine, it could of been any one of us. At least I hope it could be. I remember the sheer glee at the dizziness of rolling sideways down a big hill. Then standing up, running back up to the top, and doing it again. I remember spinning round and round with my eyes closed and head up, giggling at how I couldn't walk a straight line afterwards. Isn't it funny how some things just don't change, generation after generation?

The weather is gonna be good this weekend. Take a kid outside and roll down a hill with them. Then spin around until you almost vomit, and laugh at each other as you try to walk a straight line. Chances are, you will bring back childhood memories while creating new ones for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment