Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 108

History. It was never my best subject in school. In fact, social studies and history were among my least favorite classes. Give me Science or Math any day.

Unfortunately, this has lead to me being able to clearly teach how open heart surgery is done and how to care for patients afterward- but I have no idea how the freedom to be able to live to do so was accomplished.

Today I visited Fort Sumter. What a great experience. I learned so much. Fort Sumter is literally where the Civil War began. And this area has done an excellent job providing information and education in different ways- written, audio, etc. so that even history-dumb people like me can learn. 

Today's picture represents lifelong learning, and the importance of taking the time to learn history. We are what we came from, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment