Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 124

As I have said before, I have a weakness for donuts. I could care less about red meat or potato chips- give me a bag of Oreos or a dozen doughnuts any day.

There's a locally owned donut shop in Centerville, Ohio by the name of Bill's Donuts. The 10-year old and I have driven by it many times, and each time we say how someone-or-another told us that those donuts were the bomb, and how we have to try it one day.

Well, someday was today. We started planning it out last weekend. My husband worked last night, so the deal was I would wake up early, go get the donuts, and return home just in time for everyone to be there and awake.

Last night, I looked up Bill on the Internet to see what time they opened. If I was gonna drive 25 minutes for a donut- they better not be closed when I got there! I discovered that not only is this place open 24/7, but they have been around since 1960! 

As I walked in the door and was immediately assaulted by the smell of fried dough, I realized right away why they had to stay open 24/7. Lined up on the counter were no less than 30 boxes of donuts, already packaged and ready to go. And each of those boxes holds 2 dozen! Turns out, you can get on their website and order whatever you want and they will have it ready for pick up. 

That. Is. Awesome.

I stepped up to the counter and began my order.

14 donuts later (yes, I realize there are only 3 people at my house. I couldn't help it- I mean how is a girl supposed to choose?!), the friendly donut-lady rang up my total. I got 14 huge, homemade donuts for only $9.60. 

Huh. No wonder there are stacks of boxes on the counter.

As I was leaving, one of the ladies that worked there had moved over to a booth and was stacking even more boxes there- they had run out of room on the counter I guess...

So if you are in Centerville, Ohio and you love donuts like I do-
stop in and check Bill's out. You won't be disappointed. You can even buy a tshirt!

Today's pic celebrates supporting local, family-owned businesses, and of course, donuts. Needless to say, there are currently only 2 donuts left in the box. I doubt they will make it till morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment