Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 150

Ah...success. It's such a nice feeling. But it's made even better when grown from loss and hard work.

This time last year, our sand volleyball team was...well...challenged. We had fun, but we didn't win a lot of games. And although the bottom line was to have fun, most of us were competitive enough to want more.

So we practiced. And we talked more during the game. And oh yeah- we moved down a level into a lower league too. But, all in all, we really tried to be a team. Instead of just bumping the ball back to the other side every time, we started trying to do the traditional bump-set-spike.

Tonight, I am happy to announce, that our team won the league championship for our competetive level. What a sense of pride and accomplishment, especially after going through so many games where we just plain got our butt whipped. I am so proud of how much better everyone on our team has gotten, not just individually, but as a team too.

But the best part of all of it is the free t-shirt. I know, I know, you are jealous of my florescent orange t-shirt, but you can't have it. Nope. It's mine. I have the sand between my toes and every other crevice to prove it...

So tonight's pic celebrates perseverance, teamwork, and having fun. We are the Bad News Bears of sand volleyball- bring on summer league!

No comments:

Post a Comment