Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 132

Back when The Food Network was still in the infant stages, my family and I were big fans of The Emeril Lagasse show. Emeril, being a smart man, used to say that you can make just about anything taste good if you wrap it in bacon.

True enough.

But in Stephanie's world, everything can be made better wrapped in chocolate. I'd pass on a pig hands down if given the choice between pork and chocolate. If there was ever a Zombie acopolyse, I would be the one who hoarded the candy bars but would die of dehydration...

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and I decided to make homemade chocolate-covered strawberries that were also dipped in crumbled Heath bars. Yum. I ran out of Heath bars before I ran out of chocolate, so I made a few extra strawberries that were only covered in chocolate.

But then I remembered there was fresh pineapple in the fridge....So I dipped cubes of it into the magical brown liquid and set it in the fridge to chill.

Today was quite busy at work, and I came home tired and hungry. I opened the fridge and was instantly greeted with chocolate covered strawberries and pineapple- my mood improved right away. I had forgotten those little gems were in there and felt much like you do when you discover a $5 bill in your pocket that you must have left in there last time you wore those pants.

So today's pic celebrates a sweet surprise at the end of a long day. And yes, I have eaten chocolate-covered bacon. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment