Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 126

About 10 years ago, I was struggling with the knowledge that I was leaving my 20's. And to top it all off, I was still getting zits. I mean, how is that even fair? I'm sure it was changes in my hormones, but it still pissed me off.

I decided to try a not-yet over-popular facial cleansing system- Proactive. At that time it was only available by mail, and you had to either pay a bunch of money up front and have it sent to you on a monthly basis, or try to gauge when you were gonna run out and order it at the right time. Neither option was great, but I found that the product worked for me, so I stuck it out.

Now, thanks to Jessica Simpson (Good Lord I never thought I'd say those words) and Adam Levine, Proactive is much more popular and in demand. So instead of having to wait for the product to come to me- I can go to it....

In the middle of the mall, there is something that is a cross between a kiosk and a vending machine. Inside are all of the Proactive products, lined up and waiting for the next customer. I simply swipe my debit card, punch in what I want, and an automated hand goes and grabs it off the shelf and dumps it in a bin where I can pull it out. It's like a mixture of a Coke machine and the famous claw game where you are trying to pick up a stuffed animal, except you actually get something every time.

Don't ask me why I think this machine is so cool. I have no idea. But I get a little kick each time I walk up to it. The only down side is that it is literally in the middle of the mall. Anyone and everyone can see you at the kiosk- I might as well have a sign around my neck that says, "I have zit issues!". Oh well- as long as they don't make a kiosk for feminine hygeine products or hemmhoiroid cream, I guess it's ok. Cuz that would be crossing the line, don't ya think?

Today's pic celebrates convenience and a zit-free face.





No comments:

Post a Comment