Monday, May 19, 2014

Day 139

At around 10 PM this evening, the 10-year old will officially be the 11-year old.

As almost every parent has said at some point in their life- Geez, the time flies. It seems like yesterday that I woke up in the middle of the night, angry because I thought I had peed in the bed, only to find out my water had broke.

He was born 6 weeks early, and had a bit of a rough start, but you'd never look at him today and believe he was a preemie. Of course, even 6 weeks early he weighed in at 6 pounds 11 ounces- the 90th percentile for that early of a birth...

Today he informed me that they are going to be watching a video at school about puberty. Crap. Is it really time for all that? My brain tells me yes, because he is starting to get an attitude and body odor. But my heart still has moments where I want to hold him and smother his face with kisses- something he would most likely be horrified to have happen these days.

So today's pic is of the 11-year old's birthday cake, a tradition that I personally am very fond of. Of course, he picked an ice cream cake which took over an hour to thaw out, and everyone wound up circling it like vultures towards the end. He blew out his candles, but it took him several tries- he asked if he got a wish for each of the attempts. Sorry, son. It doesn't work that way...but Happy Birthday anyway. I love you. And when you go to bed tonight, I am so gonna hold you and smother your face with kisses...

No comments:

Post a Comment