Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 138

We're done! Well, at least for 2 months or so....

Today was the last game of flag football, which is a bit sad for the 10-year old, and a bit joyous for me.

Two months that I don't have to worry about practices, games, making sure uniforms are clean and mouthpieces weren't eaten by the dog in the last week. No worrying if it's my turn to bring snack or standing in the rain praying for lightening.

Don't get me wrong- I love sports and I do enjoy watching my son play, but having two months in the summer to not have to worry about all the stuff that goes along with it is awesome. And I don't worry about him being inactive- he'll still go to outdoor summer camp and basketball camp, and my husband has plans to buy a tractor tire and make him push it around the yard...

So goodbye, football. See you on the flip side in a couple months. I know you'll be waiting, with practice five days a week, snack schedules, mouthpiece and cup guard rules, and (really) smelly laundry. Can't wait.

Today' pic represents a different kind of summer break- now if only the weather would cooperate...

No comments:

Post a Comment