Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 140

My mom and I went exploring at a new local business called "This Old Couch". It is a locally owned shop that sells refurbished and vintage things for the house. I found it absolutely charming, and envision myself returning to see what new treasures abound.

But my favorite find was not even for sale. Hanging from the front door was what looked at first to be a pleasant spring bouquet of flowers. But upon closer inspection, I realized it was an umbrella that they had refurbished into a hanging vase for flowers. Ingenious! And cute!

I wish I was creative. Oh, I have my moments, but they are usually driven from recipes or instructions, or something I saw on Pinterest....I don't have a knack for looking at something and seeing it as something else. I can play the piano- as long as there is music in front of me. I can cook or bake- as long as there's a recipe in front of me. I can even draw- as long as whatever I am painting is sitting next to me to look at.

I envy those that are creative ad imaginative. What a special gift. So today's pic celebrates being able to create something without a recipe or directions, as well as being able to take something old and make it new again!

No comments:

Post a Comment