Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 213

If you haven't noticed by now, clutter stresses me out. 

At home, I am constantly moving from room to room, picking up what everyone else has laid down somewhere it doesn't belong. My husband is the worst about leaving stuff everywhere. I will come home from work and can tell what he has done all day simply by the clutter.

I call it "The Trail of Jim"...

It starts in the laundry room by the garage, where he takes off his work clothes or workout tshirt. Sometimes it makes it to the laundry basket...

Then on to the counter of the bar, where his keys, loose change, wallet, and anything he purchased that day lies.

The kitchen shows remnants of lunch and/or dinner- although I can't complain much about that because he does cook...

And on and on from the back hallway to the bathroom to the bedroom. I've learned to pick my battles though, and realize that although clutter bothers me it doesn't necessarily bother everyone else.

Although, of course, it should.

I fully admit though that my desk at work is a constant battle to get clutter-free. I keep my immediate work space very clean, and my piles of papers out of eyesight. Or else I would be stressing out about the clutter all the time and never get anything done.

My paper piles are relatively organized, with each having a purpose or destination. 

But they are still piles.

Today, I eliminated one. Most of it was filing, which is something my personality should enjoy but doesn't. 

It was ridiculous how happy I was to see my desk at last. But it is Friday, and I had told myself I could not go home until the job was done.

So today's pic celebrates a clean space on your desk that isn't from just pushing stuff around. Not that I've ever done t
hat....


No comments:

Post a Comment