Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 220

I have told many people that The Powers of the Universe knew better than to give me a baby girl. I mean, I am 39 years old and still don't know how to french braid hair...

I've never felt like I've missed anything buy not having the need to buy dresses or baby dolls. And I'd much rather go see Transformers than Frozen anyway.

But every once in a while, I have a moment when I think-"Now a girl just wouldn't have done that". Like fart at the dinner table. Or put his hands in his pants in the middle of the grocery store and look at me like, "What?" when I give him "The Rock Eyebrow".

Or put his cup that he has worn all week to football practice on my clean bathroom counter....

I know, I know. Boys will be boys. Blah blah blah. I'm still not touching that thing and he is gonna wipe down my counter.

Today's pic represents the obliviousness that children seem to have at times. But I love my boy, and all of his nuances. Because that's what moms do.

But I'm still not touching that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment