Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 229

How do you wash a dog that weighs over 160 pounds?

Why in a baby swimming pool of course.

We used to do it in the bathtub. That stopped after he hit about 140 pounds. Have you ever seen a 160 pound dog shake to get dry in a small bathroom? I was wiping dog hair off the wall and ceiling for days...

Poor Ben. He hates getting a bath. It took both my husband and I to actually get him inside the thing- one pushing from behind and one pulling on his collar. 

I mean, look at that sad face. It's like he's looking at the 11-year old and thinking, I can't believe you are letting them do this to me" as he snapped the picture.

But alas, we did. One entire bottle of shampoo and 10 towels later, Ben was clean, dry, and smelled less like a dog. Or at least he didn't smell like a stinky dog. 

I can't say the same for my husband and I. We were dirty, wet, and smelled worse than Ben. 

I love my dog. I don't love giving him a bath. I still shudder at the thought of him getting sprayed by a skunk...

Today's pic represents thinking outside the box ( or bathtub) in order to get a job done. Thank goodness he isn't an outdoor dog- I don't think either of us could handle the stress of bathing more often than we already do!


No comments:

Post a Comment