Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 240

Today is Thursday, and in the spirit of "Throwback Thursday", I took a few minutes to peruse my pictures and find one that made me smile.

Fortunately, many of the pictures I looked at put a smile on my face. Vacations and sports' games, weddings, and other gatherings compile a good portion of my snapshots.

But I have to admit, the majority of them are of my son. Like most new mothers, I was relatively obsessed with taking pictures of him. Doing everything. Eating, sleeping, playing- I even have pictures of him bathing and sitting on the toilet!

And I know I am not alone. I mean, the whole naked-in-the bathtub picture theme has been going on for generations...

I'm not really sure why I chose this particular picture to share though. Except that it is just funny, and I needed something funny to end my day. See that dump truck? He carried (or more accurately pushed) that thing around like most kids carry a blanket or teddy bear. It went everywhere with us, including vacation to the beach. He would sit in it, put his food in it, look at books in it, and sometimes even fell asleep in it. Of course it got it's workout as an actual dump truck too, especially at his older brother and sister's ball games- he hauled more dirt around the baseball fields during the summer than most highway construction crews (if you live in Ohio, you will get that joke...).

Unfortunately, he also stood in it once in a while  usually in an attempt to grab something just out of reach. That backfired on him one afternoon, and I came home from work to have my husband show me where he had split the back of his head open just a little bit after falling backwards into the corner of the wall. I took him to the ER to make sure it didn't need a stitch or two, but they pretty much laughed at me (in retrospect it was a pretty small cut...), gave him a Popsicle, and sent us home.I'm sure I have a picture of it somewhere....

Tonight's picture represents how an old photo can bring back sweet memories, and how a parent's incessant picture taking can help capture moments that may have been forgotten otherwise- as well as be used for blackmail when they are older of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment