Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day 306

There is a saying: Men are from Venus and women are from Mars.

Or maybe the men are from Mars and women from Venus. But "Venus" rhymes with "penis" so...never mind. You get my point.

One of the many differences most women have from men (other than having a Venus) is our ability to carry on prolonged conversations with each other. My husband just cannot understand how I can go out to "dinner" with a girlfriend and come back five hours later. "You never talk to me that long", he says.

Cricket. Cricket.

Today I had a three-hour coffee with a girlfriend. Yep. We sat in Starbucks for three hours over one cup of coffee. But I'm pretty sure we solved everything from World Hunger to The Meaning of Life. So I think that's pretty good for three-hours work. You should see what I can do on two cups of coffee...

Later this afternoon, I got a phone call from a girlfriend I hadn't talked to in months. So of course, we had to chat for a minimum of an hour. We talked about family, friends, work, and the hell of getting older and trying to keep up with people younger than us at the gym. Ok maybe it was a little over an hour...

Then tonight, I got to have a prolonged text conversation with another girlfriend who is my shopping, spread-sheeting, party-planning twin. Some of it was serious and some was silly, but I counted 70 separate text balloons spanning over an hour. That being said,  we now have outlines for what to do for Thanksgiving, my 40th birthday, her next two big birthdays, as well as promises to each other concerning nursing homes and making sure we have our pearls and heels on even after we are old and senile.

Tonight's picture represents the power of girl talk. Even if we accomplish absolutely nothing, I still walk away feeling better than before the conversation. So tonight I am thankful for my girlfriends, and all the talking, phoning, and texting we have done over coffee, margaritas, wine, and ok, every once in a while food. I love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment