Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 310

The average temperature in Wichita Falls, Texas is between 31 and 55 degrees during December. Why is that important?

Because Gigi and Papaw are spending Christmas in The Lone Star State. With the first grandbaby due any day now (!!!), we have decided to take the 11-year old and spend Christmas away from home for the first time.

We were all set to drive, but tonight I decided to look at the cost of flights just for fun. I was happily surprised (especially during the holidays) to find that we could fly and rent a car for a total of only $200 more dollars than driving, and without the wear and tear on our own vehicle. And without driving for 16 hours one way with an 11-year old and my husband...

Sold.

So tonight's picture represents anticipation of a new family member, and that dual feeling of happiness and nausea as you plunk down $$$ for airline tickets. Hopefully Mother Nature will take pity on us poor Ohioans and pull out a temperature in the 50's while we are there. Either way, I am sure it will be warmer there than here, and it won't matter anyway cuz I will be busy snuggling with my new grandbaby!

No comments:

Post a Comment