Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day 315

When it comes to movies, I don't necessarily fit the mold of the "typical" female. I much prefer an action movie or thriller to drama or the dreaded "chick flick".

Unless it's Magic Mike. That one was ok.

But in general, give me Jason Statham over Zac Effron any day. Marvel over Nicholas Sparks. And just about anything with Harrison Ford is more than suitable.

But if you were to ask me what my favorite movie of all times was, the answer is simple:

Transformers.

I can still remember sitting in the movie theater when the first one came out. When Bumblebee and Optimus showed themselves for the first time, the entire theater (adults and children alike) went, "whoa..." in unison. I was dumbfounded into speechlessness, and overtaken by happiness to see my childhood heroes come to life so realistically. 

Tonight my husband surprised us by announcing after dinner that he had bought the most recent Transformers movie today at Target. I'm not sure which of us was the most excited to watch it to be honest. We took our appointed seats on the couch, and prepared to once again be swept away into a world of Good vs. Evil- alien robot style.

My two favorite Autobots have given their lives over the last few movies (I won't tell you which ones in case you haven't seen the movies), but I still get a little thrill when Optimus and Bumblebee transform for the first time in each movie.

Tonight's picture represents the magic of childhood heroes come to life, and of great leaders. Optimus is the ultimate good guy and leader- I mean, who wouldn't follow that guy anywhere? The word "Autobot" has become synonymous with "good", and I will never tire of hearing him say, "Autobots...roll out!" Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment