Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 317

About five years ago, one of my nurses was on light duty after a shoulder surgery. I kept her busy with paperwork, filing, stocking, and other secretarial-type work. One day, I gave her some data and asked her to put it into a spreadsheet for me. She nodded enthusiastically and went back to her designated area to begin.

When I checked on her progress, I was suprised to find her sitting at her desk, with paper, pencil, and ruler in front of her. The computer wasn't even on. when I inquired what she was doing, she replied, " Building your spreadsheet".

Huh. It had never occurred to me that she may not know how to use Excel. 

Today I had a daunting project in front of me, and after I made a list of things to do in order to complete the task, I decided that a spreadsheet was next in order.

I can't explain it, but something made me pull out paper, pencil, and ruler. There was something oddly satisfying about building my own horizontal and vertical lines.

Ok maybe not that odd. It totally makes sense with my personality...

Today's pic represents going "old school" and the satisfaction of creating perfectly straight horizontal and vertical lines. Do you even still have a ruler at your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment