Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 332

Another of my favorite days of the year comes to a close.

Black Friday.

I do start Thursday night, but not until 10 PM or so. I have a girlfriend who loves this event as much as I do, and we met at our mutual favorite store in the world- Gabriel Brothers. It was almost empty, which we took as a good omen, for our goal is always to avoid the masses.

You see, my view on Black Friday is not necessarily about getting the best deals of the year. It is about focusing for 24 hours on getting all my shopping done for the season so that I can relax and spend the rest of the holidays with my family, without feeling pressured about heading out into the insanity that is the mall closer to Christmas.

Well, and there is the cold truth that I love to shop. That is definately a motivator. I can do it for hours and come home with barely anything. Drives my husband batty.

 But my husband is totally supportive of my annual tradition. He just shakes his head when I drag myself home after almost 24 hours of supporting the economy.

It helps that Black Friday is in the middle of football season though.

I'm headed back out now for one last final round with my BFBFF ( Black Friday BFF). We are gonna hit the outlet malls- they closed at 2 AM this year and that just wasn't enough time for us to get through every store! 

I have crossed >90% of gifts off my list in less than 24 hours. I was reviewing said list when a young man working at Aeropostle noticed me and asked me to show him how I did things on my IPad (yes, I had my IPad with me at 2AM in the mall...). 

"Are you a professional shopper?" He asked, a little slap happy giggle escaping his tired face.

"Well, I'm a professional Black Friday shopper at least". I showed him my written list of people and gifts, my black folder/binder which had all my coupons neatly organized alphabetically, and my IPad app which had all the stores and their sales available along with a list of flagged items I had chosen to look for.

"Whoa lady. You weren't kidding when you said you were serious".

Nope.

Today's pic represents annual traditions and being able to cross things off your list. I got a hell of a deal on this T-fal pan. $14.99 baby. But I got so much more too- a night/day spent with a dear friend, gifts for people I love, and the special comradarie that exists on Black Friday between strangers. I have never been in a nasty situation like many people talk about. You know me- by the time I get to the end of the line I have made new friends with the people in front and behind me :).


No comments:

Post a Comment