Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 319

Superman gets to wear his symbol underneath his clothes. So today I took a cue from him. I wore my GILF tank top underneath my sweatshirt. 

That's right. I said GILF. I even wore a black bra underneath. Cuz that's how I roll.  It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I haven't done laundry all week...nothing at all...

I got woken up twice yesterday- once around 5:20 AM to be told my step-son and his wife were heading to the hospital. Almost 16 hours later, I was once again awoken, but this time with a pic of our first grandson.

Wow. So many emotions. Happiness of course, but also a mix of pride, guilt, relief, nostalgia...and then I got a text from the new father:

"He is perfect".

Yep. I cried. I didn't bawl, but shed a few emotional tears over the wonder of a new baby. A child is a gift. I don't take pregnancy and a safe delivery for granted- being a nurse and working with child-bearing women over the years has taught me to respect both. 

Everyone is healthy and happy, with the usual mix of whoo-hah soreness for mom, PTSD for dad, and eyelid puffiness for Junior. They are a great team though, and I know Gigi will have to stand in line to spoil him.

Tonight's picture celebrates getting woken up by a phone call for good news, and the emotional joy of seeing the boy you held in your own lap cradle his newborn son. Gigi and Papaw love the three of you beyond words, and the 11-year old was quite impressed that you pushed him out of "there". He was under the impression babies were much smaller when they are born I guess- "that must have hurt!" He said with a half- disgusted and half-amazed look on his face. That's right son. Remember that, especially when you have a wife of your own one day!



No comments:

Post a Comment