Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 333

Some things just never get old.

When all of the pies were brought to the Thanksgiving table, I went to the fridge and pulled out the Reddi-Whip. I then proceeded to go to our smallest member of the family, a toddler boy of about 3 years old. I told him to "open up" as I began to shake the can.

The older kids immediately knew what was happening and began to surround us excitedly. The poor little boy looked nervously around but opened his mouth obediently.

The only thing I regret is not getting video.

His eyes got as wide as egg yolks as soon as I pressed my finger to the trigger, and he was immediately overcome with giggles, only to be muffled by the white cloud of magical puffy sugar that now took residence in his mouth.

Everyone, big and small, whooped with laughter and applauded, encouraging the young man to "go ahead and eat it"

"Uh-uh" he said as he shook his head, mouth still open with white foam sticking out and giggles still escaping his mouth. He laughed and snorted until most of it came back out of his mouth, and his grandma helped wipe up the remnants of his first Cream-In-A-Can experience. Soon there was a line of children in front of me, pie forgotten in lieu of getting a turn at the infectious topping.

Today my son and I woke up to find that my husband had taken the leftover pumpkin pie to work today. Not that we were going to eat it for breakfast or anything......"Oh well", the 11-year old said. "At least we still have Reddi-Whip". He proceeded to tip his head back like a pro and squirt a plume of ribbony cream into his mouth.

We giggled. Who needs pie?

Today's pic represents the fun of being a little bit silly and playing with your food, as well as the joy of a child's laughter as they experience something for the first (or hundredth...) time.



No comments:

Post a Comment