Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 251

There has never been a woman who hasn't fleetingly wished she were a man as she was laboriously shaving her legs, or plucking her eyebrows, or lying in bed with a stinky face mask on.

In general, our culture signifies the term "dressing up" to require a very different workload between the sexes. To "dress up" for a man may mean uncomfortable attire such as a tie and dress shoes, but little overall maintenance. A splash of cologne and underwear without holes would be how my own husband might describe getting "fancy"...

But if there is one thing a man can do to show he has made more of the occasion and put in effort, jn my opinion it is to have a clean neckline.

I don't mean washing the dirt off from the day. I mean a fresh haircut or at least a neck trim. There is just something about a fresh haircut and a distinctive line between neck and hair that makes most women weak at the knees.

Of course, I am married to a bald man, so maybe for me it's just wishful thinking...

The 11-year old got a haircut. He likes it short, which I agree is how it looks best, but there's a part of me that hates to see his strawberry-blonde hair disappear onto the barber's floor. 

But once it's all cut off, I always admit that it looks much better than when it's long. I made him turn around so I could take a pic of his nice clean neck. The scar on the back of his noggin is from the infamous incident falling backwards out of his blocked dump truck as a toddler...

Tonight's pic represents the man version of dressing up, and the power of a clean neckline. 


No comments:

Post a Comment