Friday, September 19, 2014

Day 262

When you live in the hometown you grew up in, there are some places loaded with memories. Marion's Pizza is one of those places for me.

The funny thing is, I don't even like their pizza. I got a turkey sub tonight. But walking in to that place instantly transports me back 20 years.

It really hasn't changed at all. Still has laminated wood tables and linoleum chairs that I sat on through many dates in high school. Still has the game room with some of the same video games that I played as a child. Still has the same party room that I sat in through many after-sports-season get-togethers.

Did I mention that the pizza isn't that great?

But that just must be my personal opinion, because the place is just as packed now as it was twenty years ago. There are elderly people having what looks to be a ritualistic dinner there. Teenagers on dates take up other tables. And the game room still has kids spending their parents money in it while they wait for their pizza to get done.

Tonight's picture represents neighborhood hangouts and community businesses that have lasted throughout the years, allowing those of us who have been around for awhile to have somewhere to reminisce. My 11-year old has declared it as his own favorite pizza place, so a new generation of regulars has been born.

No comments:

Post a Comment